Who We Are
Builders Club is the largest service organization for middle school and junior high students, with more than 45,000 members worldwide.
Members learn to work together and develop servant-leaders skills as they serve their school and community. In partnership with UNICEF and March of Dimes, the clubs are able to expand their outreach to babies and children of the world.
The first Builders Club was chartered in 1975. Today, there are more than 1,600 clubs in Aruba, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, Italy, Jamaica, Korea, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Philippines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and the United States.
Builders Club is a student-led community service organization that operates under school regulations and draws its members from the student body. Community-based Builders Clubs can also be established at churches, libraries, Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCAs, lodges or similar facilities. A Kiwanis club, composed of like-minded, service-oriented people from the community, serves as the club’s sponsor.
Builders Club is structured on the local club level but is supported by the Kiwanis International Office in Indianapolis, Indiana, which provides guidelines, programs, and opportunities to relate to teenagers from countries worldwide.
Why It Works
There are more than 1,500 Builders Clubs in middle schools around the world. No two are alike. Each club is
an independent entity—designed for its members, by its members. They work together to improve their schools
and their communities. Their service also increases the visibility—and enhances the reputation—of both the club and the school or organization they represent. The program is designed to fit member and volunteer interests.
- It’s student-led. Builders Club is uniquely built on an important principle: Amazing things happen when the students take the lead.
- It’s age-appropriate. The program and its resources are designed specifically to help middle school students get the most out of the club experience.
- Your needs matter. Each club determines its own meeting schedule, service projects and other activities in order to fit the needs of advisors, members and sponsors.
- You’re not alone. Adult volunteers and staff at the regional and international levels are there to support your club’s success.
Who Joins Builders Club?
Builders Club members are the leaders of tomorrow. And they’re the energetic, dedicated kids of today. They’re middle school students, and something more—they’re passionate about making a difference in the world. With Builders Club, they’re discovering their heart to serve, answering their call to lead and igniting the courage it takes to build real relationships. Caring is their way of life. They step forward when others stand still. And because of that, their schools and communities grow stronger. Thanks to Builders Club. And thanks to people like you.
Why They Need You
You can help shape this generation of leaders—while helping students build stronger communities through service. Your impact is both measurable and inspirational. Through Builders Club, you can:
• Inspire students to believe in their ability to change the world.
• Help students develop self-confidence at a critical time in their lives.
• Encourage leadership that transforms ideas into meaningful action.
• Generate a more caring and inclusive school climate.
Want to know more?
If you would like more inspiration, information and resources, we have plenty online