The District Governor is chair and top officer of the District and shall preside at all conventions and at all meetings of the Board of Trustees. He or she shall be an ex-officio member of all standing and special committees. Under the direction and supervision of the Board of Trustees of Kiwanis International, the Governor shall have the duty of furthering the objects of Kiwanis International and of promoting the interests of the clubs within the district. It shall be the Governor’s duty to attend any convention of Kiwanis International and promote the programs and goals of Kiwanis International.
Home Club: Kiwanis Club of Wyoming Area
Michael currently works as a Critical Response Officer in the Campus Safety Department at Misericordia University and served as the Faculty Advisor for the Circle K Club.
He was previously employed as a police officer with the Exeter Borough Police Department. He retired from the police department in 2017 at the rank of Captain, Officer in Charge
KIWANIS CAREER OVERVIEW
Joined Kiwanis in 2001
Region 6 Trustee
- Served on the District Budget Committee
- Served on The Executive Director Contract Committee
- Served on the Circle K Task Force Committee
- Certified Leadership Educator
District Youth Protection Chair
- Developed the district policy on background checks
- Presented programs at Mid-Year Conference and District Convention
Key Club, Kiwanis Committee
- Zone 5 Administrator
Lieutenant Governor, Division 15
- Distinguished Lt. Governor
CLUB POSITIONS HELD
- Two terms as club President
- Currently serve as a Board member
GEORGE HIXSON FELLOWSHIP -2014
- Budget Management
- Excellent listener
- Friendly, courteous, and service oriented
- Poised under pressure
- Staff Training & Coaching
- Quality Assurance
- Solid written and verbal communicator
Lackawanna College – Scranton, Pa.
Municipal Police Officers Training Academy
Wyoming Area School District – Exeter, Pa.
Spouse: Jo Ann
Children: Michael (34) Matthew (33) Morgan (22)
Grandchildren: Anna (5) Harry (3)
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
Little League Baseball – District Board
Cub Scouts – Committee Chairman
Pennsylvania Juvenile Officers Assoc. — Past President, Training Coordinator
Life Member Exeter Hose Co. #1 — Former Fire Chief, 10yrs.